Skip links

eligibility criteria

You must apply for a visitor record if you want to prolong your visitation (remain in Canada longer).

A visitor record is not a visa.

If you want to extend your stay as a visitor or change your status (from international student or worker to the visitor for example), you should apply at least 30 days before your current status expires.
  • The expiry date for your status is on
  • the stamp in your passport (this is NOT the date included on your visitor visa)
  • if you don’t have a stamp on your passport, the expiry date is 6 months from the day you entered Canada
  • your study permit
  • your work permit or
  • your visitor record (if you’ve already extended your stay)