VAT/TRN Registration in the UAE
Value Added Tax (VAT) is an indirect tax that is levied at the point of sale on the consumption of goods and services. On January 1st, 2018, the UAE implemented Value Added Tax (VAT), with a 5% VAT rate. Be it a small, medium, or large business, if you are a business owner in the UAE or intend to plant your roots in the Emirates, you must register your company with the VAT law.
- Registration of business entities for VAT depends on the income generated by the business. The slab for entities who will become responsible for VAT Registration is as follows:
- Businesses having taxable supplies and imports above AED 375,000
- Mandated to apply for VAT registration
- Businesses having taxable supplies and imports between AED 187,500 and 375,000
- Can voluntarily apply for VAT registration
- Businesses having taxable supplies and imports less than AED 187,500
- Not required to apply for VAT registration
Documents Required For The Visa Application
- A passport, valid for a minimum of six months.
- Passport-size photos.
- A copy of your completed and signed Dubai visa application form.
- Details about your itinerary.
- Proof of hotel bookings, and flight bookings.
- Copy of tour ticket